ne of the main advantages of using the cloud is in terms of storage, is the large amounts of information that can be stored without taking up space on computing and mobile devices. In other words, storing files in the cloud enables significant savings in storage on computers, cellphones, etc. Furthermore, this economy is not limited solely to terms of space. Using "cloud computing" also allows great savings at the company level, allowing the use of data 24 hours a day.

Likewise, since there are many providers of this service, the cost of working in the cloud is extremely low. Sometimes, the user can pay for the service in different monthly installments. Therefore, using the cloud represents a relief in terms of the maintenance of the devices and the renewal of these. The cloud allows access to resources, such as servers and data, through a simple web portal, without investing in new computer equipment, which is of great economic cost.  

(If you want to make your company the safest and smartest place to work remotely, check out our Cloud and Security solutions for businesses here)


On the other hand, another advantage of working in the computing cloud is, without a doubt, the ease of access and transmission of stored data. The data is stored in the cloud and can be accessed over the Internet. Therefore, this means accessing and transmitting data from anywhere in the world. For example, a user in Spain can transfer data from his company to another partner in the United States at a high speed despite the great geographical distance. Likewise, the computing cloud also creates a virtual platform where several users can download and transfer data simultaneously in a brief time.


Another advantage of working in the cloud is the accessibility to this service. Currently, the guarantee of accessing cloud services is very high. Specifically, cloud computing providers have a 99.99% availability guarantee. The remaining 0.01% corresponds to moments of service interruption due to maintenance and unexpected errors.


In addition, saving files in the cloud is a great advance in terms of the security of the stored data. if a company had a major computer failure on its computers, this could mean the loss of its stored data. However, by working in the computing cloud, this loss of information is avoided, and the stored data can be accessed from any other computing device. The same would happen when, for example, a device is missing or lost. Despite the loss of the mobile phone or computer, the data continues to be in the computing cloud.


Many Internet users consider that one of the main drawbacks of working in the cloud is the risk of possible intrusion by other users or hackers into the confidential data stored. However, another benefit of working in the cloud is that data can be protected by passwords created by the user, which guarantees the confidentiality of this information. Also, it is key to have a top-notch security provider, such as Cisco, which combines the best-in-class networking and security features with reliable client and branch office connectivity into a complete, intelligent, and easy-to-use cloud-based solution.


In conclusion, working in the cloud makes it possible to access computer applications, software development platforms, data transmission, and storage quickly and from anywhere in the world. In addition, this service represents a great advance in the economy of the companies, availability of the service, and speed of the transmission of information.

Here at Sigma Ridge, we specialize in Cybersecurity, IT solutions, support & managed services. Find out how we help you protect your company's security by clicking here.


More from 



View All